Forum Discussion

on Phesants (February 13, 2006 9:48 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
Assimilated Press: Orwell, Texas - President Bush, acting on instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney, issued a top secret executive order on Monday revoking the American citizenship of Harry Whittington, the man Vice President Cheney shot in a hunting accident.

In a second related executive order President Bush then revoked Whittington's status as a human being and declared that, for official purposes, Whittington would now be declared a pheasant and as such would be a legally hunted game bird in the state of Texas. Upon leaving the hospital, Whittington will be banded and released in the wild.

When asked to comment on this extraordinary use of power, President Bush replied "I'm a war president. In order to protect the American people I need to be able to make a man into a game bird."

Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez added "The authority for the President to make a man into a bird is in the Constitution. It's the part written in invisible ink that can only be deciphered if you are wearing specially manufactured viewing glasses made by Diebold."

on Phesants (February 14, 2006 5:24 PM)
Posted by: Crazy Pete
You know, this whole story is so STUPID, not even I am going to comment on it. I'm just going to let Liberal desperation speak for itself.
on Phesants (February 15, 2006 1:43 AM)
-- quote --
Conservative and PC? Not at all... These cartoons are anything but PC. They are political and, indeed, correct. They also annoy liberals expecting PC cartoons!
-- quote --

I am follow Jims idea. I can not draw, so a funny story would do..
So...

Liberal and PC? Not at all... These stories are anything but PC. They are political and, indeed, correct. They also annoy conservatives expecting PC stories!

:)
I'd figure he'd appreciate the humor.
on Phesants (February 16, 2006 12:44 AM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
They were hunting quail, actually. But otherwise, that's pretty hilarious!
on Phesants (February 16, 2006 11:51 AM)
> They were hunting quail, actually. But otherwise, that's pretty hilarious!
Steven: Do I have to retract the whole story now? *grins*
I mean I got the species of bird wrong
on Phesants (February 16, 2006 1:25 PM)
There is no story here. Cheney made a mistake, he accidentally shot somebody, the guy is doing good, there is no story.
on Phesants (February 16, 2006 3:36 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
Doing good by shooting somebody? :) No, really, the press are getting too worked up about this. It's actually pretty convenient for Cheney. The Scooter Libby investigation working higher into the VPs office, the media starts to get interested, and BLAM, ol' Dick accidentally shoots one of his millionaire buddies and the press is off after a new rabbit. Or quail.

Or, and Good Will, you obviously don't have to retract the story, I just thought I'd point out the error as nicely as I could before someone else took it as an escuse to mock you. Any error on a post is like blood in the water on ANY political debate board.
on Phesants (February 17, 2006 12:04 AM)
>Or, and Good Will, you obviously don't have to retract the story, I just thought I'd point out the error as nicely as I could before someone else took it as an escuse to mock you. Any error on a post is like blood in the water on ANY political debate board.

I know, I was joking :) I try to have a sense of humor :)
on Phesants (February 19, 2006 6:13 PM)
I have a great sense of humor. The only problem is that only conservatives get my joke, either that or its only me...oh well...as long as I'm entertained.

Oh yea...Ummm...Goot? There is still no story here. Searching......searching...nope...still no story!
on Phesants (February 19, 2006 6:21 PM)
>Oh yea...Ummm...Goot? There is still no story here. >Searching......searching...nope...still no story!

Nope. No story!!!! :) YAY!!!! A simple comment :)

on Phesants (February 19, 2006 11:43 PM)
Posted by: Anthony Zarrella
//It's actually pretty convenient for Cheney. The Scooter Libby investigation working higher into the VPs office, the media starts to get interested, and BLAM, ol' Dick accidentally shoots one of his millionaire buddies and the press is off after a new rabbit. Or quail.//

Uhh... I'll *assume* you're just making a light-hearted comment? You're usually pretty rational, Steven, so I doubt you're really suggesting that Cheney shot a guy on purpose to distract the media...
on Phesants (February 21, 2006 12:57 PM)
Hmmm......nope...still no story here. *Yawns*
on Phesants (February 22, 2006 4:55 PM)
The only annoying thing about the whole shooting story is the long silence before it got found out. Personally I think its an accident. At the most fodder for some jokes.

>Uhh... I'll *assume* you're just making a light-hearted comment? You're usually pretty rational, Steven, so I doubt you're really suggesting that Cheney shot a guy on purpose to distract the media...

Well I must say publicity stunts have been known to happen. I am REALLY hoping, Cheney would NOT shoot a guy for that. I'll leave this one alone though.
on Phesants (February 22, 2006 5:13 PM)
Posted by: Anthony Zarrella
Cool... we're in full agreement then. I think the long silence could well be simple shock and panic ("Oh, God, I shot him! Holy Shit! What do I do! If I tell someone I might be arrested!" Granted, fear of arrest is not a *legal* excuse for not reporting an accident, but I don't think you're considering your legal duties when you've just accidentally shot a friend.

Basically though, I agree with you. It's an accident, it's probably joke-worthy (since the guy is fine), and it *could* be a publicity stunt, but the chances are slim-to-none.
on Phesants (February 23, 2006 12:36 PM)
Grabs a magnifing glass and begins to search somehwere, ANYWHERE that everybody could be finding a story here. After a while, he gives up and sits back for the next cartoon, where there might be a story or even somethign to dicuss
on Phesants (February 23, 2006 3:09 PM)
Pete:
What story? I am pretty sure we are all in a agreement here. The original post was just a funny, non-PC story.

Post a reply

Subject:

Email: Password:
Forgot your password?
Not registered?.