Forum Discussion

This post is in response to the toon below (click to enlarge)
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (April 10, 2006 5:42 PM)
Posted by: Doug Kennedy
Cynthia McKinney is a blight on the liberal ass of the Democrats! The Media seems to not remember that she pulled this same stunt with the forgetting to wear her congressional pin a few years ago and Clinton had to personally apologize to her. Wah! She is nothing but a publicity seeking, black scum.

Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (April 11, 2006 2:23 AM)
Posted by: Good Will
Scum eh....?
Well not all politicians illegaly leak information about, and endanger undercover agents to father our political lies. Someone has go to, not wear a congressional pin.
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (April 11, 2006 3:09 AM)
Posted by: Invader Jim
Not all politicians illegally punch Capitol Hill police officers, either.

Bush did not "leak" any info about undercover agents, and no one - including Scooter Libby - ever said he did. He declassified intelligence about why we went to war with Iraq. That had nothing to do with Valerie Plame.

I am intrigued by how upset you are that Bush provided the public more information about why we went to war with Iraq. I didn't peg you as someone who would advocate secrecy from the Bush Administration.

And Plame was not a covert agent.
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (April 11, 2006 11:17 AM)
>Bush did not "leak" any info about undercover agents, and no one - including Scooter Libby - ever said he did. He declassified intelligence about why we went to war with Iraq.
Ok....so for which part of the explanation of why we went to war was it necessary to declassify a undercover CIA's agent identity?

>And Plame was not a covert agent.
Oh really? She was not? So I guess when they stopped her assignment midway and rushed her home to make sure that now that her identity has been discovered she does not get killed, that was mainly for fun eh?
Where did you hear that meme? O'Reilly show?
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (April 12, 2006 2:35 AM)
Again, no one said that Bush declassified anything about Valerie Plame. You're connecting dots that don't connect.

First off, Wilson had mentioned her on his web site before all this. He routinely introduced her as a CIA employee, and it was well known among friends and neighbors that she worked for the CIA.

Second, she donated money to Gore's campaign listing the CIA front company as her employer.

Second, she was outed 10 years ago by a Moscow spy:
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040722-115439-4033r.htm

Third, the USA Today, then quoted by the Washington Times, noted that she hadn't been outside the US as a non-official cover since 1997:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050715-121257-9887r.htm

Fourth, mid-June 2003 (before Wilson's article), some senior official disclosed Plame's identity to Bob Woodward.

Cliff May also wrote in an article, "Spy Games", that he had already heard from a former government employee in an offhand manner of Plame's identity before the article came out.

The question is where did you hear that they stopped her assignment midway, etc.? Daily Kos? I have not seen anything suggesting that anywhere.
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (April 14, 2006 12:42 PM)
>First off, Wilson had mentioned her on his web site before all this. He routinely introduced her as a CIA employee, and it was well known among friends and neighbors that she worked for the CIA.

It was know that she was a CIA employee, but not that she was an undercover agent. There are tons of job at CIA where people knowing you work for CIA won't cause problems.

>The question is where did you hear that they stopped her assignment midway, etc.? Daily Kos? I have not seen anything suggesting that anywhere.

She had a status of undercover agent, when that was blown they pulled her from whatever her assignment was.

Wikipedia has a nice summary:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame
There is little point of me copying and pasting, but do read that.
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (April 24, 2006 2:19 PM)
I don't see anything about pulling her from her assignment. If it's there, please cut and paste it. I've been through the different Wikipedia articles on the Plame Affair, and there is good evidence there that she was not covert.
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (April 24, 2006 10:42 PM)
Hmmm, you are right. I can not find exact evidence on whether she was or was not covert.

How ever the CIA considered her outing serious enough to refer the case to the Justice Department because they believe the law was broken.
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (May 7, 2006 11:43 AM)
Posted by: Steve Winston
Valerie Plame was an analyst, plain and simple, one of the embedded Clintonistas in the CIA , who in turn used her outing to refer the case to the Justice Department out of hate for Bush.

Cynthia McKinney is a negress with an attitude. Period.
Cartoon on Rep. McKinney punching Capitol Hill police (May 7, 2006 11:59 AM)
Period, eh?
ooohhhh....so final!!!

Beware young Jedi!! Only the Sith think in absolutes.

Clintonista eh?
I thought the CIA was there to work for the people of the United States and not to be a personal lil spy agency for Bush and Neocons. I guess that would explain why there are democrats working there.

Ohhhh....llsmost forgot did you see the bit when it turned she was covert: http://conservativecartoons.com/forum/message.php?id=1060

Post a reply

Subject:

Email: Password:
Forgot your password?
Not registered?.