Forum Discussion

On tyrants and terrorists (September 24, 2006 5:22 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
Nowadays one hear a lot about patriotism. Oh, scream the Rethugs, I support torture so I am a patriot.

Let me put it to you this way. Approving torture is not about getting information.
In fact under torture people confess to things that never took place, blame peopel who were never involved just so that the torture would stop.

I am sure you can come up witha fringe case of when torture could be useful. But 99% of the time you will be inflicting pain upon people and getting wrong information.

What the hell happened to you values and humanity. If you are a Christian, show me where in the Bible does it say its good. Where is you compassion? Where is your prode in the country that does not just say it supports freedom and civil rights, but actually does that.

Saddam Husein tortured, Hitler tortured, Stalin tortured. Why in the world would you want this country to be a country that is known that it tortures.

Will one of you actually tell em why, instead of spouting rhetoric and resrting to name calling. Or is that too much to ask.

On tyrants and terrorists (November 1, 2006 8:17 PM)
Posted by: Bob Flaherty
The United States does not torture to get a confession. If we torture, it is to get intelligence that can be confirmed in the field. We don't torture to get the terrorists to say they killed Americans.
On tyrants and terrorists (November 2, 2006 11:34 AM)
Uh huh.
What the hell are you talking about???
If you torture a someone and screams out in pain YOU name and that you are involved and he is just doing that to stop the torture, you just got false confession and false information.

More over ARE you proud to live in a country where torture is legal? Or did Communist Russia win by converting us the horrible torturous people they were.

Are you a Christian? Is Torture one of your family values?

Do you know that United States has a list of nations that officiallt support torture and denounces them. And that we are not on that list!!!

Either you mind is warped or you are a heartless, cruel man, Mr. Flaherty!!!
On tyrants and terrorists (November 2, 2006 11:35 AM)
correction:
And that we are NOW on that list!!!
On tyrants and terrorists (November 2, 2006 6:48 PM)
If I want to know where the location of a bomb is then torture can work. If I want to know if a terrorist killed an American torture will make them confess without proof. There is a difference between a confession and intelligence.
On tyrants and terrorists (November 3, 2006 12:56 PM)
You contridict yourself.

>f I want to know if a terrorist killed an American torture will make them confess without proof.
So they confess

>There is a difference between a confession and intelligence.
But its nto a confession.

I see you conviniently ignored EVERYTHING I said. Let repeat it....

If you torture a someone and screams out in pain YOUR name and that you are involved and he is just doing that to stop the torture, you just got false confession and false information.

More over ARE you proud to live in a country where torture is legal? Or did Communist Russia win by converting us the horrible torturous people they were.

Do you know that United States has a list of nations that officiallt support torture and denounces them. And that we are not on that list!!!

Either your mind is warped or you are a heartless, cruel man, Mr. Flaherty!!!
On tyrants and terrorists
On tyrants and terrorists (November 4, 2006 5:02 PM)
"If you torture a someone and screams out in pain YOUR name and that you are involved and he is just doing that to stop the torture, you just got false confession and false information."

If we need to learn details about a terrorist plot, you cannot 'confess' details that simply are not true.
On tyrants and terrorists (November 5, 2006 12:28 AM)
>If we need to learn details about a terrorist plot, you cannot 'confess' details that simply are not true.

So you are saying noone would ever implicate people who are not involved?? Have you ever seen movies about how Stalin tortured confessions out of peopel that implicated other innocent people
Are you honestly this dumb????? Or do you just want to be right no matter who screams in pain?

Yet again, you ignore my questions, it convinient to hear only what you want to hear right?
Lets REPEAT:

Either your mind is warped or you are a heartless, cruel man, Mr. Flaherty!!!
On tyrants and terrorists (November 12, 2006 9:44 PM)
Posted by: Logipundit
OK, the next time you instruct not to resort to name calling, you had better not resort to it yourself.

You are not only incapable of having an intelligent conversation, but unable to effectively hold together an argument. Let's get something straight:

Are you arguing against "torture" for interrogation purposes because it is inhumane, or because it does not yield good information?
On tyrants and terrorists (November 14, 2006 2:37 AM)
>OK, the next time you instruct not to resort to name calling, you had better not resort to it yourself.
Its not name calling, if Mr Flaherty does not think that a person who is being tortured will provided false information just so that teh torture would stop, he really is dumb!!! I mean how obvious is that?

>You are not only incapable of having an intelligent conversation, but unable to effectively hold together an argument. Let's get something straight:
How exactly am I supposed to have an intelligent conversation with someone who does not understand the concept of peopel saying anything unders torture to stop the pain????
You feel you have a better argument that you can articulate well, please put it forth. I will be happy to talk it over reasonably with.

>arguing against "torture" for interrogation purposes because it is inhumane, or because it does not yield good information?
Both!

Post a reply

Subject:

Email: Password:
Forgot your password?
Not registered?.