Forum Discussion

This post is in response to the toon below (click to enlarge)
Cartoon on condoms and promiscuity (February 14, 2007 12:42 PM)
Posted by: sandra melinskey
So true.

Cartoon on condoms and promiscuity (February 14, 2007 8:02 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
So, we have a behavior that can be risky, but the risk factor can be significantly reduced by using certain equipment...like, say, using ropes while rockclimbing. Normally, people are all for making safety equipment available and letting people choose to take risks for themselves. Unless, of course, said behavior is considered IMMORAL by some, in which case people get up in arms. Ban ropes! Climbing is the sport of the devil!
Cartoon on condoms and promiscuity (February 15, 2007 12:09 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
while at it. ban the shoes too, we can not have people protecting their feet from sharp objects they might step on
Cartoon on condoms and promiscuity (February 18, 2007 1:27 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
*Sigh* Good will, that didn't actually make any sense. Could you please stop firing off nonsensical responses while agreeing with me? It makes us both look bad. You can't just throw partisan rhetoric at people and pretend it's biting social commentary. You belittle people too much, you need to focus on issues and arguments. And punctuation and spelling, by the way. The idea here is to debate and persuade, not belittle.
Cartoon on condoms and promiscuity (February 21, 2007 11:20 AM)
Posted by: Good Will
That was simply a joke. I was not attempting to belittle anyone.
I was just trying to point out that there are many things that protect people from unwanted danger. If the joke is a bit over the top I apologize.

>You can't just throw partisan rhetoric at people and pretend it's biting social commentary.
Most social commentary can be viewed as partisan. I do not know if there any good way to avoid that. Hell I've been told that giving a dollar to the homeless guy is one of the reasons why there is still a drug problem in US, where as I just thought a dollar might help him stay alive. See, anything can be made partisan.

>And punctuation and spelling, by the way.
I know, mine sucks. :-/

Post a reply

Subject:

Email: Password:
Forgot your password?
Not registered?.